Master Model Railroader

"An NMRA member qualifies as a Master Model Railroader when he or she has obtained at least seven of the eleven Achievement Certificates provided that he or she has earned at least one Achievement Certificate in each of the four areas of the Regulations. Earning the title of Master Model Railroader is the ultimate goal for many participants in the Achievement Program."

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My 7th certificate!

Last weekend I attended the British Region convention in Meriden near Birmingham.

After the saturday night dinner I received the Author Certificate from the hands of British Region AP chair Steve Park. This is my 7th certificate toward MMR, but the right one has still to be earned, which is Master Builder - Cars to fulfill the requirements of having at least one certificate from the 4 categories.

I also entered 6 models to be judged and the outcome of the contest judging exceeded my expectations so that from the 6 models I entered, 5 won a Merit Award with reasonably high scores. I'll post this in a separate post.



No comments:

Post a Comment