Master Model Railroader

"An NMRA member qualifies as a Master Model Railroader when he or she has obtained at least seven of the eleven Achievement Certificates provided that he or she has earned at least one Achievement Certificate in each of the four areas of the Regulations. Earning the title of Master Model Railroader is the ultimate goal for many participants in the Achievement Program."

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Awards Ceremony

My Master Model Railroader status was already announced in January this year, but for the receipt of my certificate and engraved plaque I opted for the British Region Convention in October 2014.

So I attended the convention from October 17-19, 2014 in Bournemouth.

After the Saturday Banquet the traditional Awards Ceremony started with the Contest results and the Merit Awards for the models that reached at least 87.5 points out of 125.


The MMR Award consists of various documents (Plaque, Certificate, Congratulatory Letter, Jacket Patch and Lapel Pin)
Steve Park, the Department Assistant Manager of the Achievement Program suggested to split the honor of awarding these documents to me among the Past President, the actual President and finally himself.


Keith Webb, the Past President of the British Region handed me the congratulatory letter from Paul Richardson (Department General Manager) together with the Jacket patch and lapel pin.



Mike Arnold, the new President of the British Region  made a very nice introduction (we laughed a lot during the ceremony) and handed me the Certificate.


On the picture above, Yours truly flanked by Mike Arnold and Steve Park


Finally Steve Park awarded me with the engraved plaque, stating me as MMR #526.

The plaque will be prominently placed in my home. I am very proud of what I have achieved and again I want to thank everybody who helped and encouraged me along this wonderful journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment